Perhaps your existing Apple ID mobile number is no longer used. Or maybe you want to switch to a different phone number that you just installed a SIM card in a brand new iPhone. If you get a new email address or lose access to your old email address, if you want to change your Apple ID password. Whatever kind of difficulty you face, let me tell you.
When you first enable two-factor authentication for your iCloud account, Apple automatically registers the phone number you use on your iPhone as a trusted phone number. This phone number is used to verify your identity, adding an extra layer of protection to your Apple ID. Whenever you (or for that matter, anyone) logs into your account on a new device, a 2FA prompt will appear on the trusted device for extra login security.
Now you can easily change your Apple ID's trusted phone number if you lose access to your device. Just follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap the Apple ID banner at the top, then tap Password & Security.
2. Now, click Edit next to the trusted phone number option.
3. Next, tap the red minus button to the left of the number, then tap the delete button.
4. Next, click Add a trusted phone number.
5. After that, you will need to enter your device passcode to continue. Then, select your country code and enter your new trusted phone number.
6. Finally, according to your convenience, verify your phone number using SMS or phone call. Your trusted phone number will then be updated in your Apple ID.
If you have a new email address or don't have access to your old address, you might need to change your Apple ID email. Here's how.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select your name at the top of the screen, then open the "Name", "Phone Number", "Email" section.
3. Click Edit from the Contact section.
4. Next, tap the red minus (–) icon next to your name, then tap Delete on the right side of the screen
5. In the pop-up screen, select Continue to confirm that you want to delete the existing email and add a new one.
6. On the new screen that appears, enter the email address you want to use with your Apple ID.
7. Verify your new address via the email Apple sent to your new Apple ID email address.
If you use an iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad, you can change your Apple ID password by going to the Settings app. Follow the steps below to do this:
1. Open the Settings app on your device and tap the Apple ID banner at the top.
2. Click the Password and Security tab.
3. Click the "Change Password" button at the top of the page.
4. If prompted, use your Face ID or fingerprint reader, or enter your passcode into your Apple device to continue. This is a security measure to ensure that your Apple ID password cannot be changed without authorization.
5. Enter the new password twice to confirm. On some devices, you may also be prompted to enter your current password to verify your account owner.
6. Click the Change button to save your changes.
Here it is all its own! Remember, you'll need to enter a new password every time you sign in to Apple services like the App Store, iTunes, iCloud, iMessage, and more. So be sure to choose a password you'll remember!
What To Do if You Can’t Remember Your Apple ID Password
If you can't remember your Apple ID password, don't worry. There are a few things you can do to reset it and get it back into your account.
First, look through all of your saved passwords. It's possible that the device you're using stored your Apple ID password when you last entered it. If you find your password in your saved passwords, you can use that to log into your Apple ID account. Users may want to check their password manager (LastPass, 1Password, etc.) to see if their Apple ID password is stored there.
If you don't find your Apple ID password in your saved passwords, don't worry. There are a few other options you can try.
Next, use Apple's password reset tool to reset your Apple ID password. You'll need to enter your Apple ID and answer a few security questions. You can try using Apple's two-step verification process if you can't remember your answers. This will send a code to your trusted device that you can use to reset your password.
You can contact Apple Support for help if you're still having trouble. They'll be able to walk you through the process and help you get back into your account.
Changing your Apple ID is not difficult if you know how to do it. Follow the steps below:
1. Before you begin, be sure to sign out of every Apple device and service associated with your Apple ID. Then, head to apple.com in the browser of your choice. After that, sign in to your Apple account.
2. Next, make sure the Login and Security option is selected in the left column. Then, click on the Apple ID option in the right pane.
3. Under the "Change your Apple ID" section, enter the new email or mobile phone number you wish to use as your Apple ID. After that, verify the new Apple ID with a verification code that you can receive via text message or phone call.
4. After verification is complete, sign back in to all Apple devices and services with your new Apple ID.
Can I change my Apple ID without losing everything?
Yes, you can change your Apple ID without losing everything. Before changing your ID, you'll get a message asking if you want to keep a copy of your data. You can select everything you want to keep and continue the process.
As you can see, managing your Apple ID is easier than it looks. You can change your ID, email, phone number or password in case you forget it.
Do you have other Apple ID questions? Please click on the bottom right corner to contact our customer support.
More Articles Like This
Stop worrying by starting SpyX
GPS Location Tracking
Phone Spy App
SPYX'S SOFTWARE INTENDED FOR LEGAL USE ONLY. You are required to notify users of the device that they are being monitored. Failure to do so is likely to result in violation of applicable law and may result in severe monetary and criminal penalties ...
Copyright © 2023 SPYX. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: SPYX'S SOFTWARE INTENDED FOR LEGAL USE ONLY. You are required to notify users of the device that they are being monitored. Failure to do so is likely to result .....
Copyright © 2023 SPYX. All Rights Reserved.